Aromas inspired by craft beer brews. Hard Cider (juicy, fresh, and sweet). Breakfast Stout (maple syrup, cinnamon, waffles, and fresh-roasted coffee beans). Tropical Lager (pineapple, coconut, and cilantro). Burns cleanly for 60 hours. Made with recycled 22 oz beer bottles.
Aroma: Unique for each candle, but mainly vanilla, cider, and citrus.
Our Overall Rating: 5.0 stars
– Under $40 –
Here’s something you don’t see (or smell) every day around the house — aromas inspired by craft beer brews.
These candles offer up three variations for your olfactory pleasure: Breakfast Stout, Hard Cider, and Tropical Lager.
With a 76 percent 5-star approval rating from a fair-sized customer review base, we were expecting something a little better than the aroma of stale beer wafting through a deserted bowling alley the morning after the leagues have packed up and gone home.
And, we got it.
Here are the aroma descriptions from the manufacturer – a little overstated, but not much. In fact, we agree substantially with the depictions of scent as they burn:
- “Hard Cider (juicy, fresh, and sweet – like a crate of ripe apples in a rustic farmhouse)
- “Breakfast Stout (notes of maple syrup, cinnamon, waffles, and fresh-roasted coffee beans)
- “Tropical Lager (notes of pineapple, coconut, and cilantro)”
These are candles worthy of any man cave, and ManCandleReviews awards a two-thumbs up rating to this well-crafted trio of candles.
Here are a few additional notes from the candlemaker:
- “Craft beer-inspired scents include Breakfast Stout, Hard Cider, and Tropical Lager
- “Hand-poured in the USA
- “Made with recycled 22oz beer bottles
- “Soy wax blend, 40+ hour burn time
- “Makes a great gift for anyone that has ever enjoyed a beer.”
One customer who wrote a rave review reports that she is putting this assortment of candles into a beer-themed gift assortment for her husband this Christmas: “I am planning to add beer jerky, beer brittle and draft-flavored jelly belly beans to the crate.”
Sounds truly inspired.