Gimme a Dude Candle, dude.
You’ve come to this site in pursuit of the best in dude candles. We’re here to help you find it.
At ManCandleReviews, we’re all about finding the right aroma for your house, apartment or, as some call it, your “man cave”.
But whether you call them dude candles, man cave candles, mancave candles, masculine scents, top scents for men, or man candle scents, they all come down to the same thing.
Men prefer manly smelling candles — not flowery, overly perfumed aromas popular with those of the fairer sex.
So, with that in mind, we’ve taken the 10 most popular candles on our website and boiled down the essence of why they’re so popular — so you can be assured of a great smelling candle for your pad.
Here are the Top 10:
No. 1: Trapp Signature Home Collection No. 45 Candle
First in line is this outstanding candle from the Trapp Signature Home Collection.
Even though this little candle weighs only seven ounces in its distinctive glass container, it still delivers more than 50 hours of manly scents for home.
Amazon customers have awarded it a startling 80 percent 5-star approval rating, over hundreds of reviews, making it one of the most lauded products we’ve ever featured.
From its rich, deep melt pool to its wide aromatic scent throw, there’s a lot to like.
We predict you’ll find it perfect for your man cave, den or office with its distinctive notes of balsam wood and tonka bean (in this scent, we register vanilla, cherry, almond, and something spicy—a bit like cinnamon).
- 7-Ounce soy wax blend candle
- Approximate burn time of 50 hours
- Candle comes packaged in a house-shaped box, perfect for gift-giving or other occasions
- Guaranteed to fill your room with fragrance.
No. 2: Manly Indulgence Last Call Scented Glass Candle
Perfect for guys who are seeking a high-quality, fresh-smelling candle for their den, office or so-called Man Cave.
The scent has been described in a number of ways: fresh, manly, sophisticated.
For those of us here at ManCandleReviews, we can report that the scent is all of that and more.
Really, very pleasant. And the aroma penetrates well beyond our testing lab. In fact, we can smell it more than 80 feet away in the farthest room.
Last Call comes in a flat black glass jar. 16.5 ounces, with a single wick that, again, throws a generous aroma, fairly filling a house.
The candle burns well — we were afraid its single wick might prove to be inadequate at producing the requisite deep melt pool that allows the unbonded essential oil molecules to fill the air with fragrance, but no worries on that score.
- Fresh masculine scent
- Great as a gift or for your man cave
- Single wick
- 16.5 ounces (453.59 g)
- Poured in the USA
No.3: Blind Barber Tompkins Scented Candle, Small
There’s nothing whimsical about this candle with the whimsical name.
It has captured the allegiance of many with its compelling aroma, comprised of a veritable medley of pleasant smells.
Here’s what the candlemakers have to say about their creation:
“The candles, which feature soy wax and are hand-poured in New York City, have key notes of honey, smoke, leather and lavender, each chosen because of their special connection to the barber shop.
“The notes are eclectic yet fit perfectly together; just like the candle’s namesake Tompkins Square Park as well as the East Village where the Blind Barber is located. The candles are midnight blue and are housed in ‘Barbicide’ jars, the iconic, stainless steel and molded glass jars used by barbers everywhere.”
We were impressed with the candle’s clean, fresh scent, reminiscent indeed of a trip to an old style barbershop.
When you light the cotton wick, however, it just gets better. The lavender aroma overarches all other scents, but not to distraction.
One crabapple reviewer said he thought the candle smelled “about as masculine as Grandma’s house.” He was, however, way in the minority.
Based on all reviews and an Amazon Choice award, Blind Barber receives a five-star rating from us.
- Hand-poured in New York City
- Made of 100% pure soy wax
- Soothing fragrance
No. 4: Scentsational Candles, Natural Soy Candle, Intrepid
Scentsational Candles has come up with a winner in this standout fragrance. Customers report that it enlivens both office and home with equal alacrity, causing many a visitor to turn his or her head and ask, “What’s that wonderful smell?”
Some reviewers even say they are stockpiling jars of it — against a coming armageddon of bad aromas, we can only surmise — and that the scent travels far and wide, to the buyers’ inevitable delight.
Another customer says he lights one each morning at the office around 9 am and it burns throughout the day (til 6:30-7 pm) & lasts for about 3 days.
Finally, one reviewer says convincingly that it’s like being wrapped in the strong arms of one of these bodice-ripper romance cover studs — well, she doesn’t use those words exactly, but apparently the scent turns her way on.
Now, that’s a powerful fragrance.
- Made in USA
- Natural soy candle
- Sleek modern design
- Masculine scent
No. 5: Wax and Wick Black Amber Candle With Double Wood Wick
Here’s a classy candle that gives a wonderful aroma as well as providing the ambiance of a crackling wood fire.
It uses two wood wicks — one crackles while the other concentrates on melting the surrounding clean-burning soy wax to release the fragrance notes bonded within.
It’s at once a unique and novel experience that must be seen — and smelled — to be appreciated.
These candles burn up to 60 hours, providing a clean burn all the way to the bottom of the glass jar with a die-cut label. Feel free to reuse the container as a whiskey tumbler.
Here are a few other notes from the candlemaker — all of them quite true:
- “Forget those flowery, overpowering smells. Our candles give off a fresh, woodsy scent, with subtle, spicy notes of amber, vanilla & sandalwood. Appeals to men & women alike.
- “Why settle for sooty blends? Your candle contains 100% soy wax, renewable & sustainable. Free of all dyes & toxins, it burns slowly & cleanly for up to 60 hours.
- “Each Black Amber Soy Wax Candle has 2 wooden wicks for a brighter, cozier glow. One wick crackles, one doesn’t… so you get that homey fireplace effect PLUS an even, consistent burn.
- “From its premium glass jar to its soy wax & wood wicks, your candle features all-American quality. You’ll love its sleek, simple design, ideal for any decor.
- “If you’re not totally thrilled with your candle, contact us within 30 days of delivery for a full refund or free replacement. Your choice!”
No. 6: Man Cave: Straight Razor, Leather, and Mahogany
A trio of pleasant smells. These candles rate an overwhelming 4.8 stars from more than 1,600 reviewers. Glass votives throw a potpourri of happy aromas. Natural soy wax and self-trimming cotton candle wicks. As reviewers, we were impressed with the candles’ strong aroma, despite their small size.
So, ring in the holidays — or any season — with any of more than a dozen three-packs from Old Factory (get it? Olfactory = Old Factory). Pretty clever branding and marketing. But the value doesn’t end with its pretty packaging.
Buyers report surprise over just how much scent throw these 2 ounce glass votives produce, filling a room quickly with a potpourri of happy aromas that bespeak season changes and old times spent by a roaring fireplace.
- Handmade in the USA with natural soy wax and self-trimming cotton candle wicks. Lead-free so you can feel good about enjoying the warm, flickering glow of these candles with your family. They use only premium fragrance oils which make these scented candles perfect for every home.
- Each gift pack comes with 3 fragrance-themed candles. Each burns cleanly for 25 to 30 hours. The subtle jar design makes it the perfect complement for any decor, and any room of the house – kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, family room, great room, basement. We recommend burning one candle in a smaller room, or combining 2 candles in a larger room for a mixture and the best effect.
No. 7: Paddywax Candles Apothecary Collection Jar Candle
This candle has racked up more than 250 five-star reviews. Buyers report that it gives off a strong tobacco and patchouli smell. We can also attest to the fact that it is one of the most pleasant aromas we have ever reviewed.
One buyer, a psychotherapist, says this candle soothes and quiets her patients during extended sessions. Still another buyer says the aroma puts her in mind of an exclusive men’s club. Like a private club smoking room with a hint of bordello, perhaps.
Finally, we can report that this candle burns evenly and throws a strong scent — right down to the last drop of wax. An excellent buy in masculine candles.
- Paddywax signature soy wax candle is hand poured into an 8-ounce Apothecary bottle
- Up to 60 hours of burn time
- Tobacco and patchouli scent created with all natural fragrances
- Made in the United States with attention to detail
No. 8: Zeus Scented Soy Sandalwood Candle
Here’s an amazing candle that garners rave reviews from all quarters.
And we totally agree that it deserves the 92 percent 5-star rating it carries on Amazon.
This candle freshens up any man cave, den or office in no time with an aroma that lingers long after the flame is extinguished.
The Zeus scented soy blend candle comes in three popular fragrances: vanilla rum, sandalwood and a pungent lime.
It takes about an hour for the aroma to fill the room — but when it does, it’s absolutely worth the wait.
And, any fan of the sandalwood scent will recognize and appreciate its smooth, sophisticated signature.
Plus, there is the added benefit that the heavy glass container repurposes into a 4-oz whisky tumbler with the stylish Zeus logo.
In addition, here are a few other features:
- Soy blend: Made from soy blend with natural and non-toxic ingredients
- Gift box: Comes in stylish all black Zeus gift box
- Dimensions: 3.5″ tall | 3″ Diameter
- Burn time: 45 hours.
No. 9: Decoware Warm Tobacco Pipe 3-Wick Candle
Remember that pipe your favorite uncle used to smoke, filling the room with an aromatic, nostalgic scent? This candle will bring back those old days…
Prepare for a trip back in time, when truly manly men wore smoking jackets or faded flannel shirts and smoked a meerschaum pipe.
Seriously, be prepared for a trip in the Wayback Machine to the days when someone you knew — and perhaps loved — filled the house with his wonderful pipe smoke. Even a hug brought you into intimate contact with his clothes, which always smelled so good.
The large candle’s three wicks efficiently heat the wax to an optimum temperature, allowing the essential oils to unbind from the wax and go molten — thus creating the perfect environment for maximum scent throw.
Some reviewers have called it warm and cozy and “slightly sweet,” making it a perfect fit for any Man Cave.
ManCandleReviews gives two thumbs up to the makers of this hearty blend of wax and memories.
- Artisan made hand-poured soy blend candle wax
- 3-wick candle with approximate burn time of 26 hours
- Packed in a heavy black glass container with black lid
- Use indoor or outdoor for a welcoming & intimate atmosphere.”
No. 10: Himalayan Candles Spice Tin Soy Candle, Campfire, 10-Ounce
This is a candle of rare vintage, with a scent so subtle we almost missed it.
However, once you get close enough, all the advertised aromas become clear. But if you’re expecting triple-scented fragrance, you will be disappointed.
That’s okay. It has plenty of fans.
One customer, in fact, absolutely gushed about it. Amazon doesn’t like us to quote its buyers directly, but in this case, the descriptive quality of the review is too priceless:
“Imagine drinking a cup of your favorite tea in a garden filled with hydrangeas and peonies. All of a sudden your favorite movie star, Michael Cera walks through the gate with a single portion of tiramisu.”
Now THAT puts a face with the aroma, doesn’t it? 🙂
- Birch, cedar, clove and sandalwood, hints of votive and musk
- Fragrances are complex and layered, triggered by memories and nostalgia
- Hand made and packaged at the chandler’s studio in Decatur, Georgia
- Reusable spice tins have an antiqued distressed finish and hardwood wooden lids
- 50 hour burn time